Monday, February 2, 2009

The Beginning

For Christmas 2008, I received a copy of the book 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die (5th Edition). A veritable compendium of noteworthy films, the book encompasses the entire cinematic history from A Trip to the Moon (1902) through Atonement (1997). At 960 pages long, it is possibly the longest, densest, and heaviest book that I own. And I have gotten the crazy notion in my head to try to watch every single movie.

After realizing that it would take almost twenty years to watch all of the films in this book (assuming that I watch one movie per week), I realized that I needed some help. So I have assembled a team of experts to assist with this herculean undertaking. The team includes Adam (my better half), Brendan (my son), Jonathan (my brother), and Wayne (my friend). This blog will follow our progress as we attempt to watch every single movie on The List.

--katy

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm finally jumping on board here. It's an honor to see what my gift to you has spawned! :) I'm going to dive into the films of the 30s...

    ReplyDelete